Terry Fleck’s Canine Legal Update and Opinions
Over the last 24 years, Terry has answered your daily e-mail and phone calls and through his seminars he has educated over 29,000 K-9 personnel on tactics and legalities, and he has facilitated K-9 units to raise over $250,000 for dogs, K-9 vehicles and K-9 equipment.
Please subscribe to the Web site to keep this valuable resource available to you.
Your subscription helps keep this Web site running and current to assist you in reducing your canine unit liability increasing overall K-9 officer safety!
Only your subscription support keeps the Web site running and updated.
If you are not satisfied with the site, your money will be refunded.
Click Here for the FREE Bi-Monthly Newsletter
- The most comprehensive Canine legal web site on the Internet!
- The latest UPDATED Federal K-9 case law and Federal statutory K-9 laws;
- UPDATED State specific K-9 case law, State statutory K-9 law, State K-9 standards and State Attorney General K-9 Opinions;
- Articles written by Terry Fleck on a variety of K-9 topics;
- CONTINUED FREE 24/7 access to Terry Fleck to have your specific questions answered via email or by phone.
- Up to one hour of free consulting time with Terry Fleck;
- In addition, you receive bi-weekly newsletters that notify you of any new State and Federal K-9 cases, K-9 tactics and K-9 training issues.
As of February 1, 2019, Agency and K-9 Association Web Site Memberships are being discontinued.
The cost to maintain these group memberships exceeded the discounted rate agencies received.
Case law that mandates policy on patrol canine use, deployment, control, report writing and liability. Includes relevant case law. Prison K-9 is also included.
Deals specifically with vicarious liability, sample policies, K-9 standards & handler compensation issues for Supervisors and Administrators. Includes relevant court cases .
Case law on narcotic canine search and seizure for handlers, supervisors and administrators, including vehicle & residential sniffs, Supreme Court & Court of Appeals.
Industry standards and case law on explosive canine search and seizure for handlers, supervisors and administrators. Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and District Courts.
Case law on canine tracking, evidence recovery and canine scent discrimination for handlers, supervisors and administrators.
Industry standards and case law on accelerant detector dog usage for handlers, supervisors and administrators, including State case law where applicable.
State-specific K-9 Law
K-9 laws to protect police K-9′s, quarantine exception, accidental / unintentional bites, standards, patrol, tracking, narcotics, explosives & AG Opinions.
Search and Rescue K-9
SAR law for handlers, supervisors & administrators, including case law trends, industry standards, testimony & sample guidelines.
Written by Terry Fleck to assist the canine industry in a variety of topics.
Links to various K-9 associations and K-9 resources that assist the industry.
The Scientific Working Group on Dog and Orthogonal detector Guidelines. Consensus based best practices for the use of detection K-9 teams swgdog.org. Click on “Approved Guidelines”
Member forums provide an opportunity to discuss K-9 law, training, or K-9 related topics.
Your membership can lead to reducing your canine unit liability and increasing overall K-9 officer safety!
How Does A Subscription Work?
The 12 month user subscription provides Unlimited Access, 24/7, to all K-9 resources*, including FREE access to Terry Fleck via e-mail or phone call for any additional questions or support!
Payment may be made in two ways
- On the web site via credit card. The credit card billing does not use a third party. The credit card payment goes directly to Terry Fleck, as the merchant.
- By check, purchase order, invoice, etc. Send payment to:
PO Box 729
Dayton, NV 89403
You MUST be a registered member to gain access to Canine Legal Updates and Opinions and meet one of the following requirements,
- Current Law Enforcement
- Current Prosecutor
- Current Law Enforcement agency attorney; or public entity attorney;
- Retired Law Enforcement
- Private (Civilian) Law Enforcement K-9 Trainer
- Private (Civilian) Law Enforcement Handler
- Fire Personnel (Accelerant)
- Search and Rescue / Cadaver Personnel*
* NOTE: Search and Rescue Personnel access is limited to Search and Rescue-Cadaver areas and Tracking/Trailing, in addition to full phone and email support.
A user is one individual (one person). The user (one person) fee is $45 per 12 month period, 24/7 access, along with phone and e-mail support.
Full access to resources is dependent on membership qualifications. Not all member levels gain access to all K-9 resources.
ALL MEMBER LEVELS have 24/7 access, along with phone and e-mail support.
Registered Users are allowed access from three different IP addresses, Home, Work, and a Mobile device, such as an agency laptop in your vehicle or smartphone. Members sharing usernames and passwords will have their membership revoked without refund.