Canine Legal Update and Opinions
We want to welcome Mike Kmiecik to Canine Legal Updates and Opinions. Mike will continue to update the website just as it was under Terry Fleck. Mike has been updating and summarizing the latest cases just prior to Terry’s death.
Mike was hand-picked by Terry several months back to continue on in his absence. He is a 24-year veteran of law enforcement and an Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board Certified Canine Officer.
Mike has also been a lead police service dog legal instructor for the past 8 years and authored the Illinois Police Service Dog Resource Guide: A Comprehensive Resource Guide for Administrators, Supervisors, and Handlers.
Terry had made provisions to keep the website and his legacy active in order to provide an on-going income for his wife. Only your subscription support keeps the Website running and updated.
Mike joined Police K9 Radio last week for a discussion on the five court mandates that ALL K-9 Handlers need to know! Listen in!
LONG AWAITED DECISION
- The most comprehensive Canine Legal Website on the Internet!
- The latest UPDATED Federal K-9 case law and Federal statutory K-9 laws;
- UPDATED State specific K-9 case law, State statutory K-9 law, State K-9 standards and State Attorney General K-9 Opinions;
- Articles written by K-9 industry leaders on a variety of K-9 topics;
- CONTINUED FREE access to have your specific questions answered via email or by phone.
- In addition, you receive bi-weekly newsletters that notify you of any new State and Federal K-9 cases, K-9 tactics and K-9 training issues.
Case law that mandates policy on patrol canine use, deployment, control, report writing and liability. Includes relevant case law. Prison K-9 is also included.
Deals specifically with vicarious liability, sample policies, K-9 standards & handler compensation issues for Supervisors and Administrators. Includes relevant court cases .
Case law on narcotic canine search and seizure for handlers, supervisors and administrators, including vehicle & residential sniffs, Supreme Court & Court of Appeals.
Industry standards and case law on explosive canine search and seizure for handlers, supervisors and administrators. Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and District Courts.
Case law on canine tracking, evidence recovery and canine scent discrimination for handlers, supervisors and administrators.
Industry standards and case law on accelerant detector dog usage for handlers, supervisors and administrators, including State case law where applicable.
State-specific K-9 Law
K-9 laws to protect police K-9′s, quarantine exception, accidental / unintentional bites, standards, patrol, tracking, narcotics, explosives & AG Opinions.
Search and Rescue K-9
SAR law for handlers, supervisors & administrators, including case law trends, industry standards, testimony & sample guidelines.
Written by Terry Fleck to assist the canine industry in a variety of topics.
Links to various K-9 associations and K-9 resources that assist the industry.
The Scientific Working Group on Dog and Orthogonal detector Guidelines. Consensus based best practices for the use of detection K-9 teams swgdog.org. Click on “Approved Guidelines”
Member forums provide an opportunity to discuss K-9 law, training, or K-9 related topics.
Your membership can lead to reducing your canine unit liability and increasing overall K-9 officer safety!
How Does A Subscription Work?
The 12-month user subscription provides Unlimited Access, 24/7, to all K-9 resources*, including FREE access via e-mail or phone call for any additional questions or support!
Payment may be made in two ways
- On the web site via credit card. The credit card billing does not use a third party.
- By check, purchase order, invoice, etc. Send payment to:
121 E. Center St.
Farmersville, OH 45325
You MUST be a registered member to gain access to Canine Legal Updates and Opinions and meet one of the following requirements,
- Current Law Enforcement
- Current Prosecutor
- Current Law Enforcement agency attorney; or public entity attorney;
- Retired Law Enforcement
- Private (Civilian) Law Enforcement K-9 Trainer
- Private (Civilian) Law Enforcement Handler
- Fire Personnel (Accelerant)
- Search and Rescue / Cadaver Personnel*